I have a mod xbox (not 360)...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
with a 120 gig hdd, can I crack open the case, format the drive and put it in a computer...?

...lol. im not sure. thats like saying if u could get the ram out of it too? and the cpu? wow. i dont think so, but if someone here in computerforums says that u can, im gonna buy a xbox for the parts.

...ru u serious. so i can go and buy a xbox and rip the cpu and ram sticks out and use it as my pc?
actually, i just found out the cpu is intel pentium 2 with 233 mhz and the gpu isnt that great either. maybe i will rip the parts out of the 360

Lol i was going to say u wudnt want to rip the cpu out ;) and the default xbox hdd is a 20gb ive got one in mine. Its not IDE is it? i think i read somewhere it was a 20gb seagate SATA? can someone confirm this please.

spywarebanisher said:
...ru u serious. so i can go and buy a xbox and rip the cpu and ram sticks out and use it as my pc?
actually, i just found out the cpu is intel pentium 2 with 233 mhz and the gpu isnt that great either. maybe i will rip the parts out of the 360
just thinking has anybody ever tried to install windows on an x box seing as it is x86 standard cpu

my bad, a mod xbox is a modified xbox, not a regular one, you have to send it out to be modified and choose what size hdd you want, I bought it from a friend at work for $150, the modification alone cost him more than $150 when he had it done, it had a 120 gig installed and you can copy actual games not just game saves, oops, I mean you can save all the game saves you want...

:D

it is, shall I say, the shiznit...

I bought it mostly for my son and daughters (though I did put NCAA Football 2006, 2007 and Dynasty Warriors 5 on it for me :D ), there are about 15 games on it and not even half of the hdd is being used, I have a 40 gig hdd and was thinking I could delete some of the games that they don't play and find a way to ghost it onto the 40 gig and slap the 120 gig in my computer...

here's a pic, can't tell what kind of hdd connection it uses though, maybe someone else knows...
ScreenShot004.jpg

istonian said:
Xboxes dont come with a 120 gig HDD.Do they?
No they dont, he has a modded one. Standard is about 8-20Gb
spywarebanisher said:
No you cant the chips are different.

When i modded mine the HDD was an IDE cable, dont know if they still are. You cant just fit it in, you need to unlock the drive etc.

Back
Top Bottom