I have an Idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

setishock

Wizard of Wires
This is somewhat what I've been looking for but going to have to resort to putting it together myself. Here goes...

I have two identical cases. I just can't stand how cramped it is in all the cases I've seen and used over the years. What I have in mind is taking off the motherboard side of one and the open bay side of the other and bolting them together. Both have removeable motherboard mounting plates. Take one of them out on one box and put the drives and floppy in it while the motherboard and it's goodies go in the other. It's safe to assume that the psu is going where ever the motherboard winds up. The psu I have has a 120mm blowhole fan in the bottom and a 80mm in the back of it pushing the warm air out. Both cases have two vertical stacked fan openings in the back and two horizontal fan openings in the front. I don't think there would be any real serious cooling problems as both sides will have fan controllers. Revamp the top plates to open on a hindge, along with both boxes being hindged together and I'd have total access to the innards.
Any comentary or suggestions? Besides the obvious you're nuts comments...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom