I have a dilemma....

Tweak

In Runtime
Ok, as of right now, I have an ATI 9600SE GFX card and an MSI K8N Neo2 mobo in the mail. For my birthday, I was thinking of getting the BFG 6800 Ultra card....my question is, should I save up money until my B-day to get a PCI-e mobo and get the PCI-e version of the card? Only problem with this is Ill be wasting the mobo that I have right now. Thankyou. My B-day is in June....

in this situation there are many things u can do, u cud:
1. Send the k8n neo 2 back saying u bought it but didn't realise it was for amd and get a refund!!
2. Keep the k8n neo 2 coz its a really good board anyway.
3. blow the world up!!

Personally i wud keep the neo and get the agp version , its just as good as the pcie version!!!

Well at the moment many PCIe cards arent fully utilising the technology so they are only benching slightly higher, i'd only invest in it when its developed slightly more!!

yeah then id get the neo 2 and stick with ur radeon until the newer cards come out e.g. 6950 ultra!! Than get ur new mobo!!

at the moment, there is really no diff between PCI-E and agp, because no games out yet can utilize all the power of PCI-E and they wont for at least a year and a half, so go with AGP, its probably the better way to go for right now.

Back
Top Bottom