I dont know what to do now

Mike Nowakowski

In Runtime
So i bought a graphics card for my Dell dimensions 2400 and it also needed a new power supply the power supply was installed and it works fine, i installed the graphics card and i disabled my graphics controller the graphics card is installed correctly because it said in device manager. When i plug my monitor into the graphics card it doesn't go on but the monitor is not searching for a signal like when its unplugged the graphics card is Verto NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS. And the graphics card fan is on when the computer is on. And the monitor is the original one with that computer its one of the large ones (cant think of the name for them).

When you say you disabled your graphics controller (I assume you mean your onboard graphics?) did you disable it in the device manager, or go into the BIOS and disable it and set it to look for graphics in an external slot? You probably need to do the latter before it'll work.

If that doesn't work can you try it in another machine? It's not unheard of for the card to be faulty.

i disabled it in the device manager so how do i set it to look for a graphics card in an external slot

i am in BIOS and in integrated devices and then i went to primary video controller and it said on board do i switch it to auto

OK now i set it to Auto and both don't work i have no display AT ALL i really don't know what to do now SOMEONE please help me

Ok all problems fixed its all good

Back
Top Bottom