I currently use this TV Tuner on my 19"LCD for reg cable via Coax..Digital box or HD?

rocket1406

In Runtime
I currently use this TV Tuner on my 19"LCD for reg cable via Coax..Digital box or HD?

Hi guys. I have a 19" LCD Monitor and the KWorld TV Box 1440.

http://www.kworldcomputer.com/product/analog/012/TVBOX1440.htm

I run the regular standard cable into the TV box tuner and then that sends a VGA input into the LCD monitor (so I can use my LCD monitor as a standard TV).

Is there any possible way (including getting some more cables if needed) to get from my cable company a Digital TV box or even an HD TV box and have it go into the Tuner and then into my TV (can I get digital or HD TV on the monitor?)

Or do I need a new tuner? like http://www.kworldcomputer.com/product/digital/atsc315/atsc315u.htm

or like
http://www.kworldcomputer.com/product/digital/002/atsc310u.htm

or are those 2 PC only?

Thanks so much. I'm a noob. Please help :-D

Re: I currently use this TV Tuner on my 19"LCD for reg cable via Coax..Digital box or

well you could run an s-video cable or watever from your digital box to the tv tuner, but you would have to change the channels on the cable box, and not on the computer

Re: I currently use this TV Tuner on my 19"LCD for reg cable via Coax..Digital box or

for an HD box you would need the HD tv tuner

i suggest just forgettin about kworld and getting a ATI Theatre 650

and you cant get HD signal through a s-video cable

Thanks for your help. Just some confirmation:

I think the difference is that the ATSC ones I listed are for computer. I don't want to use a computer.

I think I need the 1680 but those are analog tuners... an HD box would need a digital external tuner right?

But I can get Digital TV (not HD box, just a digital box) through S-Video through the current 1440 tuner I use right now right?

also for Digital TV, would I notice a difference in a tuner that is 1440 x, vs 1680 x resolution?

1440 x version is what I have right now from Kworld.

Thanks for your help. Just some confirmation:

I think the difference is that the ATSC ones I listed are for computer. I don't want to use a computer.

I think I need the 1680 but those are analog tuners... an HD box would need a digital external tuner right?

But I can get Digital TV (not HD box, just a digital box) through S-Video through the current 1440 tuner I use right now right?

also for Digital TV, would I notice a difference in a tuner that is 1440 x, vs 1680 x resolution?

1440 x version is what I have right now from Kworld.

yea u can run regular cable digital cable through there on s-video, but not HD, and 1440 and 1680 wont matter because regular tv is 720x480 anyway

Thanks. Does S-Video really make a difference? Right now I've successfully hooked up the digital cable box via Coax cables.

It works.

Is it worth the money to buy an S-Video cable?

Back
Top Bottom