I can't decide....

ShaneS_009

Solid State Member
I am new to this site!! and hope to learn a lot from everyone here.
My problem is that I don't know which to go with, AMD or Intel. I don't want to start anything with the fan boys about which is better or whatnot. I just want to know the pro's and con's of both of them. For me I am trying to build a home PC for as little as possible. I am leaning towards AMD because of it being cheap, but is there a reason why they are so cheap? Do you have to have bigger processor to equal that of a lower powered intel?

Thanks

Intel. It holds the market right now and it is because their cpu's are just better atm. I would suggest getting a Core 2 Duo unless you just want a basic cpu to do basic processes such as internet, word processing, etc...

If you want to do gaming, or anything processor intensive then go Intel.

See what I have right now is a 1.8 P4 and it can't run alot of the stuff that I want to do. I want to play some games, nothing crazy like Crysis. I want to put a TV tuner in it so I can use it as a TV in my room so I can just chill in there. Then just as a daily computer internet surfer, and homework stuff

COD4 lol My brother just bought it, and I wanted to see if it would even try to play.

My video card is only a Geforce 5200.

My problem is that I don't know which to go with, AMD or Intel. I don't want to start anything with the fan boys about which is better or whatnot. I just want to know the pro's and con's of both of them. For me I am trying to build a home PC for as little as possible. I am leaning towards AMD because of it being cheap, but is there a reason why they are so cheap? Do you have to have bigger processor to equal that of a lower powered intel?
It depends on your situation, your budget and your needs. We'd need more info on your requirements.
Intel. It holds the market right now and it is because their cpu's are just better atm. I would suggest getting a Core 2 Duo unless you just want a basic cpu to do basic processes such as internet, word processing, etc...
Intel's fastest CPU is faster than AMD's fastest CPU, but that doesn't mean that their whole line is better. Anything below the ultra high end AMD has CPUs that stack up very well against Intel and often better for the price.
I would go for an Intel processor. They are more reliable.
bs-bag.jpg

:D

The Computer I have now, that I use for homework and stuff is:
Pentium 4 1.8ghz
Intel D845EBG2 MotherBoard
512mb ram
280w Power supply

I like to watch videos, and play games. My computer runs DOG slow when I run Photoshop CS3.

I Can't really upgrade my current computer because the Board only accepts up to a 533 FSB, and thats like a 2.8 ghz P4 max. That means No Hyperthreading or anything. The Board also only accepts a AGP 2x/4x and those arent any good and can be hard to find.

So I pretty much need new parts. I have an Idea what I want going with all AMD. I just want to know if it would more beneficial going with Intel.

Yeah pretty much, I have the Disk Drives from my computer, then my Hard Drives, and I am going to keep my current Case but I am going to put a window in it.
The Budget, lol it is as cheap as possible with a decent set up. And something that won't leave me haning, so I can upgrade it later on.

I was thinking the
AMD athlon 64x2 5000 Bisbane 2.6ghz dual Core.
A Board that is Under $65 with Nice Built in Graphics( so I can Buy a Vid Card Later)
2 gig Ram
A power supply under $50 That will hand this set up.

But I dont know if just going with intel would be any better, with about the same cost.

Back
Top Bottom