I am not a happy person right now!

I can't believe this shady freaking computer shop. You know my story when my PC would not post. How I thought it was the board then they found the bad stick. They tried the other stick in the first dimm slot and it posted and worked no problem.

Well guess what I go to put my new ram in and it boots up I run CPUz real quick to double check everything is at spec. I've only got 1 of 4 gigs of ram in my system. Well thats just freaking great. So unsure what the problem was I took out 2 gigs and tried again in the other 2 dimm slots. No post whatsoever. Great so what do I do next get all my new memory out and pull out my 1 gig of good OCZ memory and begin to test dimm slots.

It worked fine in slot 1a. Next slot I tried was b1. Error bios beeping all crazy. La de da there's one bad slot. So I decided to stop there. I don't even want to screw around with the other slots. I was thinking about using slot a1 and testing each stick of G.Skill to make sure they were all good but i'm worried about frying them. I may try the other 2 slots but i'm guessing there burnt up 2. Considering when I had all 4gigs in it only saw 1 most likely from slot a1.

The pins look fine on all the sticks of G.Skill so i'm hoping it didn't screw them up. I'm guessing not since I tried the OCZ in it and the bios went crazy. But when I put it back in 1a it worked fine.

I can't wait till tomorrow when that computer shop opens up. What a freaking joke. I'm so pissed right now. O and to top it all off I paid for overnight delivery and the idiot from UPS didn't even show up at my house yesterday. I called the center and they claimed he left a notice that a attempt was made and nobody was home. What a joke that was I was there all flippin day. O well I should be getting a refund from both newegg & UPS for the expideted delivery for the guys laziness.

Just to confirm though the ram goes in each slot the same way right? They all went in no problem.

Well heres a pic of my nice shiny new ram thats going in my computer desk until I get a new board now :(

G.Skill%20In%20box.jpg

^^ Took me 3 weeks to get my board back from the day I sent it till the day it was back in my hands. That's pretty good as rma stuff goes, I've been waiting over a month for my lanparty board to come back.

I feel for you buddy, I had a similar problem awhile back and the feeling you get from spending premium money for high quality parts (and shipping) and have them not workout for ya is terrible.

RMA the board im sure asus will return it if it is still in warranty

can i have the OCZ stick when you get the new board :p

Please tell me you didn't bring it to geek squad. That so sounds like something they would do.

Either way that sucks.

Please tell me you didn't bring it to geek squad. That so sounds like something they would do.

Either way that sucks.

Nah no geek squad out in the sticks. Just some little home business place. It was hot and I was just to lazy to start pulling sticks out and trying the other dimms when I didn't even know if my board or anything was good. At least by now I have a stockpile of parts to test anything in the future. lol

Back
Top Bottom