Hypothetically Speaking...

Sytheious

BSOD
Seeing as how Windows supports upto 32 CPUs...

What kind of performance could you see in say Super Pi or other benchmarking software such as PCMark05 or what have you, if you had 16 Core 2 Duo Extremes plugged in then coupled with Quad-SLI (7950GX2 x2)?

Relativly speaking, I knwo this is not possible, but go hog-wild with performance figures. I give a hypothetical figure of 16 Core 2 Duos, 7950GX2 x2, and roughly 32GB of RAM, of course, all 1GHz DDR2 RAM. You could, however, through in any configuration of hard drives, optical drives, and hardware like that, but lets make the base assumption of the CPUs, GPUs, and RAM. What kind of outrageious performance figures would you see?

Holy shit, 32 cpus :) hehe thats a lot of CPU power... I am fine with a X2 couldn't imagine 2 x2s... Little alone 16 :)

Nik00117 said:
Holy shit, 32 cpus :) hehe thats a lot of CPU power... I am fine with a X2 couldn't imagine 2 x2s... Little alone 16 :)

Yup, it supports 32 CPUs. To verify this, open Task manager, right click on a process, select "Set to Affinity" and presto, you can change how many available CPUs there are. The maximum amount is CPU 0 - CPU 31. So 32 CPUs. Now imagine 16 Core2Duo Extremes. w00t. Now that's power. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom