Hyper 212 cooling

CBJ023

Baseband Member
Hello all I have a question about the Hyper 212 Evo vs. Plus. First off I want one because my CPU temps are right on the limit for my Phenom II x4 I ran Prime 95 and it hit 66 degrees Celsius and dropped back to 64 under max load. I want either the 212 plus or evo but don't know which to get. I don't know if there's a major difference their only $5 difference and both should work with my motherboard. One forum said go with the cheaper 212 plus and get a extra fan are they talking about mounting a fan on the other side of the cooler? The evo seems to have a bigger and nicer looking fan which is why I don't know if they have the same performance. Lastly any idea how much of a temp. drop I can expect? Thanks!
Amazon link to both- Amazon.com: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes (RR-B10-212P-G1): Electronics

Is the chip overclocked at all? What cooler do you have on there now?

Thoroughly clean out all the dust from inside your computer using compressed air. Be careful to not let the fans spin when you blow on them.

I'll catch grief over this but the pics are so small here and you need to be able to read the text on the screen shots.

I've already done some stress testing on my rig running a Hyper 212 EVO.
Tweaking cooling

No overclocking done yet and it runs max. of 64-66 degrees Celsius it doesn't have any dust because I built it a month ago and everything was clean, it has the stock AMD cooler on it now that it came with. I might overclock but only if I have room temp. wise I don't want to run over 55 degrees Celsius. My graphics card runs very hot also its a EVGA 660 OC and it runs up to 85 degrees Celsius.

I usually clean my rig out once a month. What case are you using? Do you have any additional fans installed?

the only real difference between the evo and plus is, as you noticed the fan looks nicer on the evo and the other difference is the brackets holding the fan to the cooler. The plus has thin metal clips which are fiddley to fit the first time u do it. The newer evo has easier plastic clips.

Also the plate that sits on the chip has smaller gaps where the cooper and silver plates meet. (if that makes sense).

They both only come with one fan, but a spare bracket so you can fit another fan to them.

(I have the plus and i built my mates pc with an Evo.)

Back
Top Bottom