hurcules 3D prophet II MX 64 MB better than onboard???

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
ok i had mention in my total system crash post bout the above mentioned vid card would it be any better than the on board intel 915 chipset graphics? i all ready own this card or else i would be looking for a higher qualty pci card

Not sure on this one. You could benchmark the computer with your onboard graphics, and then fit the card and benchmark again to see what performs the best.

Hey raffaz nice to see you , not seen you for a week or 2

Also it realy depends on what type of ram you are running and what cpu you are running . If both are low performance then the card will be better IMO seeing as the onboard is sharing cpu and ram but if its decent cpu and ram like C2d and ddr2 800 then the onboard will prolly do fine .
One place where the card might come out on top though is higher resolutions cos it has its own dedicated memory to put stuff in whereas the on board has to scrounge off the rest of the system . Like raffaz said your best bet is to benchmark and see . Also you may notice in different games one may come out on top but in other games the other may come out on top so also try playing your games with each one and see what offers best for the games you want to play

well my ram is pc3200 and i have a P4 2.9 ghz cpu what r some good bench marking programs to use and how can i turn my onboard graphics off? i think its in the bios but im not sure

well my ram is pc3200 and i have a P4 2.9 ghz cpu what r some good bench marking programs to use and how can i turn my onboard graphics off? i think its in the bios but im not sure

it should be In the bios
and i would say 3D mark for benchmarking application and i think pc wizard has a small graphics benchmark

Back
Top Bottom