hows this build?

now im sorry coz im a bit drunk but did i read to 8600 ? why would people do this 1 8800 would outdo any combination of 2 X 8600 ?

as i said i may be seeing things but rething that

With the amount you are spending on the other parts, at least go with an 8800GTS 320MB, or 640MB if you don't mind spending a bit more.
If you have a large monitor, 640MB is best.

There is no point buying 2x 8600's though, when an 8800 is going to beat it to the ground :)

now im sorry coz im a bit drunk but did i read to 8600 ? why would people do this 1 8800 would outdo any combination of 2 X 8600 ?

as i said i may be seeing things but rething that

ya your seeing it only one
would highly recomend an 8800 320/640

so if i switch the 8600 gt with a 8800gts should i spend the money on the extra 8600 gts for sli?

If you're going to be getting the 8800GTS, do NOT get the 8600GT. The 8800GTS is twice the power or even more, when compared to the 8600GT. It's almost like comparing a bully to a skinny nerd, not quite the apples and oranges yet since that refers to the 8800Ultra vs 8600GT.

What you should do is save a little more and just go get a 8800GTX video card if you can. It's a bit much, but the GTX is fast.

Wow, that's a great deal!!!! GET IT NOW!!! The quad core is a no brainer so you must have that. The video card is pretty impressive for an 8800GTS. eVGA makes one of the best video cards around.

Here's a little more information on the video card you're getting since that other site doesn't tell you much:

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked Video Card - FREE Enemy Territory: Quake Wars PC Game, 640MB GDDR3, PCI Express,SLI Ready, Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...tails.asp?EdpNo=2824836&body=MAIN#detailspecs

Whew....pretty good. Plus, free games. That bundle you're getting also comes with the Q6600 quad core CPU. Yes, I approve of this deal.

ok so heres what my final builds gonna look like

motherboard - evga 680i sli motherboard
processor - intel core 2 quad q6600
video card - evga geforce 8800 gts superclocked
sound card - creative labs sound blaster (5.1)
hard drive - western digital caviar se 16 320gb
memory - ocz sli-ready edition dual channel ddr2 pc6460 2048mb
case - ultra black aluminus atx full tower
dvd drive - philips dvd/cd drive
dvd burner - plextor px-800/sw-bl supermulti retail
wifi - netgear wg3llt pci recertified
cpu fan - ultra x-wind socket 775
power supply - ultra x-finity 600-watt atx dual 80mm fans
case fan - apevia 120mm vv alue led case plan
hdd fan - ultra 3.5" aluminum 2 60mm fans
memory cooler - ocz ocztxtcc memory cooler for ddr & ddr2
network adapter - intel pro 1000 pci-e desptop gigabit

i already got a good monitor and a wireless keyboard/mouse
im gonna go start looking for the best prices now, tell me what u think or see

What is that network adapter you got there? Your motherboard should already be network ready as it has a high speed NIC built in. I really don't think you need two DVD drives. One DVD burner does all the work, even if you were to perform and disc to disc copy, it will do it (since all the data being copied are transfered over to a temp folder). Most likely, that RAM will already have heatspreaders already so the cooler may not be necessary. I don't know since I don't have the link to the parts.

Back
Top Bottom