how to watch TV on your laptop??

lello01

Solid State Member
I was curious is it possible to watch TV on your laptop? If so, how? I've been curious to know how to do it so when I'm out on the road or out and about I've got access to the tv. I've got the avermedia device. I tried connecting it couldn't get it to work, wasn't sure if I was connecting it right or whether it's a crappy device but it was the only one in store at the time when I purchased it.

Attachments

• DSC_0388.jpg
    DSC_0388.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 11
BikerEcho is right, from the Avermedia website:

AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid Volar HX , the best-selling USB dongle, has been certified Windows 7 Media Center Additional Qualification and also releases the in-box driver to be able to atomatically run under Windows 7 Media Center platform.

If you are already using Media Center, what problems are you having? Just saying you couldn't get it to work isn't very descriptive.

Last edited:
BikerEcho - this is the first time I'm doing this so I haven't used a program just yet

well I installed the AverMedia software that came with the device. for some reason nothing was happening every time I opened the software and tried to connect. As for the windows media center, after posting this post I found out about it through YouTube. Windows media center isn't working either. The setup claims its not able to install something about unable to download channels and during the installation it says I need to install "Play Ready" in Windows Media Center "Task" settings but when I do try to install the "Play Ready" it gives me an error message

There are web site broadcasting TV Channels for people like you.
OR
Buy a TV card which is match to your laptop and connect

TV card? What's the difference between a TV card and TV usb? I've already got 2 TV usb's and ones of them is pictured

Sent from my D6653 using Computer Forums mobile app

Personally, I just soak up all of my stuff online. I have never managed to miss a single episode of my favorite shows. Some of my methods are less than legal though.
Still, you can find a lot of episodes on legit sites like Youtube, Hulu, ect for free. I had a Hulu Plus account once, but didnt find it too much different from the free so I stopped paying for it.

Back
Top Bottom