how to remove all data from hard drive

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
I have a computer running windows ME that I want to completely erase the hard drive of, like somebody would before selling it, to make data in-retriveable. What program do I use?

Not enough info, basically get your OS disc stick it in, go to bios make your first boot drive CD/DVD save and reboot, your will see microsoft stuff find somthing call reformat. This wipes your HD clean.

but that doesnt make your data irrecoverable, i once accidantally formatted my digital camera, and i got the pics back. theres this program you can use, i forget what its called, that replaces the whole hard drive with random numbers 35 times, and then formats it.

john123 said:
but that doesnt make your data irrecoverable, i once accidantally formatted my digital camera, and i got the pics back. theres this program you can use, i forget what its called, that replaces the whole hard drive with random numbers 35 times, and then formats it.

That is what I want. Please get me the name. Can I use it on a computer with only one HD?

Or, if you want it completly blank for the buyer to install his own OS..

Take the hard drive out, put it in your computer and set the jumper to "Slave" - plug in IDE cable, power cable etc, go into "My computer", Right click on the drive, click format :)

I didnt say it would, just that it would be blank...as in the new user would not be able to see the files..

Back
Top Bottom