how reliable are toshiba laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my family goes through a lot of laptops, and the Toshiba's are one of the most reliable ones...

i have seen so many complaints on the internet should i trust them. what are your experiences with toshiba.

my personal experience with toshiba laptop towards to complaints. i bought one 6 months ago. it was a 14-inch very light weighted one. The specification was all good until one day I found that the laptop only has one core, instead of dual core which it was advertised in the shop. Another thing bother me a lot with the toshiba laptop is everything was very slow despite it was a new one. For example, when I click on one window/function, it took 5 seconds to respond. when i typed one sentence, it also took his time. The memory eats up when i click any window/function. i am not sure why is that...

Maybe my one was an outlier. i wonder anyone has similar/different experience?

I don't think the brand makes much of a difference. All of the top brands like Asus, Toshiba, Lenovo, MSi and HP are the same. If a laptop is faulty, it doesn't mean the brand is terrible. Every company has faulty laptops.

The company I used to work for would always buy Toshiba laptops for the salesguys. Every one was a slow, buggy POS. Of course, this could be because they spent as little money as possible on them and Toshiba was the cheapest at the time. It still left a bad taste in my mouth as far as Toshiba is concerned...

my dad has had the same toshiba laptop for a good.. 5 years or so i think. It has 'Designed for Windows XP, Windows Vista Capable' on it.

has never been a bother to us really, and i know of many others who get alot of god use out of laptops.

and true say, every company has a few DOAs and some faulty models. Most companies have had some reason to recall something e.g. Apple recalled one of their MBP series for faulty Seagate Barracuda drives.

My aunt has been through three Toshibas, all of them within a 6 month period. I hate them for that reason - I had to try and fix on once, never again. Great CDROM drives, but laptops are made in the asscrack of hell apparently.

my personal experience with toshiba laptop towards to complaints. i bought one 6 months ago. it was a 14-inch very light weighted one. The specification was all good until one day I found that the laptop only has one core, instead of dual core which it was advertised in the shop. Another thing bother me a lot with the toshiba laptop is everything was very slow despite it was a new one. For example, when I click on one window/function, it took 5 seconds to respond. when i typed one sentence, it also took his time. The memory eats up when i click any window/function. i am not sure why is that...

Maybe my one was an outlier. i wonder anyone has similar/different experience?
the laptop we bought said it was a dual core on the box, but the latop was only a single core and the laptop was so slow :(

I have a Toshiba laptop and have had it for a year now, it is still working perfectly , I have downloaded films and songs on here and its still very fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom