How much more RAM can my motherboard take?

Veropie

Solid State Member
I'm sure you can see all the information about my computer in my signature so I won't repeat myself. My question is, how much more RAM can my motherboard/processor take? I want to add another 2GB but am unsure as to whether or not my system would be able to take it. I have 2 of 4 slots available. Please help! Let me know if you need any more info!!! :D

Yeah, that'l take 2GB. Just add another 1.5GB RAM, just to pump it up to 2GB. No point having 2.5GB, you wont notice that difference.

Well I already have two 256MB sticks (512MB), so I should add two sticks of... how many MB each? Plus, are there any specific ones you recommend? Thanks!

How much did that PC come out to be? I am looking into buying either an XPS or that Dimension E510...

just get a gb and a 512 now. 2gb is plenty. even 1gb should do fine. im no good with makes but make sure you get ddr2 ram. that was my mistake before. always worth double checking you are getting the right one.

I got this computer super cheap on SlickDeals.net

They have the greatest deals. I got this one for $505 before taxes by stacking coupons! :)

Well, does it support dual-channel RAM? If so, that may sway your decision a bit, and you might want to get a 2 GB kit and save those old sticks for backup or sell them.

There are great tools for finding out how much RAM you can support and what types and whatnot at www.crucial.com . Actually, I've never tried that site, but it was recommended to me by a friend. :)

Back
Top Bottom