How to dual boot

nayr1991

Baseband Member
My mate told me that i may fix my lag problem (caused by not enough ram) by setting up a dual boot of xp and vista. how can i do this??

Dual booting will not fix a lag problem caused by insufficient RAM. Adding more RAM will solve that:)

Damn, well i'm not going to buy ram cause my mobo supports only ddr400. im waiting till the end of year when im planning on a new build. anyway thanks.

EDIT: well does anyone know a good program for creating and shrinking partitions??

Are you running XP or vista at the moment?

Um im using vista otherwise i wouldnt have this problem, xp runs fine on 1gb ram. my vista was a upgrade version so im guessing it has xp already installed with vista overwritting it.

Yeah i had a look at that, but it seems like they dual booted a linux system?? is it the same for windows? and also i need a way of creating partitions as i couldnt find the DISKPART utility they spoke of.
I don't even think I used Diskpart. You can use GParted to create another partition for XP.

Um im using vista otherwise i wouldnt have this problem, xp runs fine on 1gb ram. my vista was a upgrade version so im guessing it has xp already installed with vista overwritting it.
Ah right, so installing XP will be faster running, but you will still have lag problems with vista.

As for a good partitioning tool, id recommend Acronis Disk Director as it works well with vista.

I don't even think I used Diskpart. You can use GParted to create another partition for XP.

Yeah i noticed that, but being on Dial-up it would take too long to download the ISO which i think is 500mb. i will look into it when i get to my mates place.

Back
Top Bottom