How do i back up drivers?

Johanster

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

My dad recently got a virus on his computer, and we have chosen to reformat after various attempts to remove the virus.

Because my dad's computer is no longer sold by Sony, i doubt the drivers for his system will be on their website. Because of this, i need to know of a sure fire way to back up his drivers so that we can reload them after the reformat, and install.

Thanks in advance
Johanster

I have one hdd on my computer dedicated to only setup files (drivers, program install files, etc.), that way whenever I reformat my OS drive I can just go straight to my setup folder and load my stuff back on...

it was very useful when I had to load my chipset drivers after installing win7, I suggest creating a folder specifically and exclusively for this...

another thing you can try is a program called driver magician, it'll back up all your drivers or just the drivers not supported by windows, your choice...

Alright, thanks Wol-Va-Rine, i will check that out.

Just a note, we updated AVG again, and it got the virus, or viruses, rather. Had at least 16, don't know how though. Either way, I will start to use this just in case.

Thanks again!
+1

Back
Top Bottom