how to change ip address with command prompt

aCb

In Runtime
Ok well im trying to change my ip through command prompt using the commands

ipconfig/release
ipconfig/renew

and it doesnt seem to change my ip so im hoping someone here can help me out.

well, why do you need to change your ip in the first place. Since if it's something you can use a proxy for then using a proxy would be a good idea.

Other than using those commands you could try shutting down your router for a few minutes.

Unplug your modem, wait a while then plug it back in. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

yeah shutting down the router works but i dont really like doing it and i was hoping there was something i could use in the cmd prompt to just change it really quik

you can use something like netsh at a command prompt, but its easier to change your ip address from the network settings inside windows. Why do you need to change your ip address anyway. You probably have DHCP enabled on your computer so it will just assign the first address, so thats why you keep getting the same one again. If your wanting to use a specific ip address, then you need to setup a static address.

You can't change your IP most likely.

Your provider probably marries the IP address to the specific MAC address of your cable or DSL modem, so even if you killed everything for a week or more, you'd still get the same IP address. It's not truly static, but it may as well be.

If you get a new modem, it's possible that they would change your IP, but the only way to be sure is to change to a different ISP.

Back
Top Bottom