How Can I Help My Friend?

waldorfpc

In Runtime
I have a friend who is very interested in learning computers so he can work in business with me. the problem is, I do not have all the time to teach him: or, at least i'm not sure how to go about it since everything i've learned is through experience, trial, and error. i did give him some sites that break down and explain the components of a computer in detail, give troubleshooting strategies for hardware, software, and memory problems, etc. any suggestions? Any sites/data bases I could suggest?

I was thinking of starting an online confrence class that teaches computers for beginners wishing to get involved in the field; however, that is still in the works, as i'm still trying to devise how I will go about running such a course, and he is anxious to learn now. He is a very quick learner and will catch on with no trouble at all. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I think you should just invite him to join us here. Tell him to just read the threads. It's only going to be hearsay but he will have an idea of what the components are, do, and how to fix/improve them.

That's a great idea. I actually did invite him here, he just hasn't signed up yet. there is alot that you can learn.

I have to admit, i learn things here as well, as you'll never know it all, especially when it comes to technology. I enjoy the community very much and would recommend it to everyone who is interested in being in the IT field. Heck, I'm always reading threads to get other's perception on things. Sometimes, when i'm fixing computers, I like to consult with my other techs to get their takes and opinions on things. It is the well rounded way of doing things.

Back
Top Bottom