How to burn games to hard drive/create CD image.

Zdorab

Solid State Member
How do I make a CD image without downloading anything? I just got a 500GB hard drive and I want to burn the games directly to it so I don't have to mess with CDs.

google MagicDisk. Let me run through it, I havent used it in a while.. and I didn't know how to use it at first either, but I figured it out after a while :p

Ok, I think you will get your .iso file and start magicdisk. It will just be a tray at the bottom so you have to right click it. You're going to play around with
make CD/DVD Image...
or Virtual CD/DVD-ROM - actually you will have to use it.

I think you compress the iso file to make a .uif then mount it. Then go to virtual cddvdrom and click on your file and mount that then make an image.

-Q

Remember that some games have a copy protection. Most of the new games have a copy protection so if your trying to make an image of the new games out there you might have some problems.

P.S. Try alchohal 120% (forgot how to spell alchohal)

How do I make a CD image without downloading anything? I just got a 500GB hard drive and I want to burn the games directly to it so I don't have to mess with CDs.

Alot of games have copy protection and your idea doesn't work without cracking the game, which gets messy.

or you could just use bit torrent. if you already own a legit copy of the game then it isnt illegal.

EDIT: just saw that you dont want to download anything

I hate games that require the CD to play.

For halo, I have a mini image. It's 220KB. Mount it, and halo starts right up with no crack needed.

Same for Diablo2, Starcraft (only in multiplayer though)
Just about everything else I play doesn't require the CD or is just on steam.

Alcohol 120% or poweriso are the best programs for ripping a CD, but if you just want to mount, then Daemon Tools is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom