how to backup a dying HDD?

camosilver311

In Runtime
i am swapping HDDs from my old comp to the new one i just had built, and after i booted with one of the old HDDs i got a message saying "s.m.a.r.t. capable and status bad". so i know it's on it's way out, but how to i backup EVERYTHING i have on that drive? i have never had to do this

You will either need to transfer everything to another drive or burn all your files to DVDs or CDs.

Just to be sure of the drive's condition, it would be a good idea to go to the drive manufacturer's website and download the drive fitness utility. That will diagnose your drive for any problems.

You will either need to transfer everything to another drive or burn all your files to DVDs or CDs.

Just to be sure of the drive's condition, it would be a good idea to go to the drive manufacturer's website and download the drive fitness utility. That will diagnose your drive for any problems.

for the transfer of the files, just drag n drop from one drive to the next is the best way about it? i would be transferring about 150GB+ of info

maxtor's site doesn't list my HDD model, daimondmax plus 9, any idea where i can get the drive fitness utility?

Back
Top Bottom