home net work help

esa193

Fully Optimized
i just got a router and i need some help cuzz im confused
i have 3 computers all 3 hard wired into the router
and a wii and ds wireless
how do set it up so i can share files betweent the computers and print from the one priter i have thats attachted to one of my comps?

Go in Network Connection in the CP and then open Home Networking Wizard. When it comes to Printer File sharing, just turn it on.

ok
wat about file sharing cuz on my main comp i dont want to use up the whole hard drive

Well, by defaults, it will block specific folders, like Windows, Program Files and Documents and Settings.

If you don't want to use your entire disk, then just don't add in stuff. You can set the drives to Read-Only or Read/Write.

when you set up file and print sharing the i think the only folder that is shared is 'shareddocs' so if you leave that as default then jus put n e think u wonna shared in that folder or make a new folder in my docs and shared that 1 ??

or you could map a network drive open my computer click tools then map network drive then input where the folder is e.g \\desktop\shareddocs and then assign a drive letter and ur done it will act as a hard drive in my computer

Back
Top Bottom