Home built.

bill gisse

Baseband Member
Was going to build a SLI home built but changed my mind and have decided on a non SLI AMD mobo.Want a mobo with express 16 slot and three PCI slots plus what ever other slots may be on the board. Right now I'm considering a DFI board, model NF4 ULTRA INFINITY. Have even thought about using a SLI board, but use only one PCI 16E slot. Have no interest in gaming, I'm 77 and gaming is behind me. Appreciate any comments readers may have. Thanks.

if you don't care about gaming then why are you getting a PCI-E MOBO? If you don't game it would be cheaper to buy a PCI video card and MOBO.

I agree with Dishdog on this one, if you want to save a little money too maybe you should even consider a mobo with an AGP slot for video card. There are not as capable as the PCI-E of delivering fast speeds but they will still deliver, especially if you have no interest in gaming. That's just my thoughts. :cool:

Dishdog said:
if you don't care about gaming then why are you getting a PCI-E MOBO? If you don't game it would be cheaper to buy a PCI video card and MOBO.

Should have explained that. I have a 13 yr old grandson that wants me to put in and inexpensive gaming card for him. Have also considered the vieo/mobo set up to and favor that over the gaming set up. I do some photo work and the video card might work well there. I'm not that knowledgeable of the different boards and what they do so I'm not rushing into anything. Building is not new to me, I'm retired from the electronics area but haven't woked the bench in many years. Was a supervisor my last 29 of 42 work years and retired in 88. I welcom all advice you want to give. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom