Higher speed RAM then DDR400

You supported memory speed on the MOBO has to match up, however, DDR500 has high latency, so you will get less performance out of it... Trust me... Just stick with Ultra Low Latency DDR400 PC3200 RAM, it is the best right now, I have same MOBO. BTW, how do you like your MOBO, I love mine!

No, the ram comes clocked that high. It isn't OC'ed either, there are rams higher than ddr400.

EDIT: Yeah like zen said, ram that is clocked that high isn't as stable and has higher latencies. DDR400 is perfectly fine.

yep, DDR400 Low Latency Stuff pwns all the rest, you can make Ballistix DDR400 250MHz (500MHz) and still have timings at 2.5-2-2-2!!!! That ram is amazing. :D Got some on the way! 2GBs of it!!

Well I have the mobo but I dont have a CPU or a videocard for it yet, let alone a ATX 2.0 power supply. I should soon have enough money to pay for the parts I still need.

I know you need a 12V connecter for the MOBO, but that comes on most newer ATX factor PSUs... What is 2.0? I have heard of 2.03 with 1.3 Compatiblity, but that is for Opterons and Xeons I thought..

It is the new Power Supply system. Using a 24 pin motherboard connecter and two 12V rails ASUS and almost all the SLI motherboards HIGHLY suggest a ATX 2.0 power supply for proper stability.

Not on Newegg.... I use 20pin MOBO with 12V 4 pin connector seperately. Works fine. URL pls, I would like to see this thing. Might invest in it if ASUS says it brings more stability! :D

Back
Top Bottom