High Temps

dynoman

Baseband Member
wow i was just doing some video rendering and i checked speedfan and both my cpu cores where running at 77C Is that normal for stock fans or might of installed it wrong or what can be some possible solutions? btw i have a core 2 duo e6600 2.4ghz no oc

Seems high to me, what does it idle at? Also when u installed it , did u put thermal grease on? not too much...

That is way too high for stock settings....I built a system with a Core 2 and it was on about 77-80c, I later found out that I had put the heatsink just a tad out of whack, but enough to cause the temperature increase...if you have some more thermal paste around, I would reseat it...

Matt

yeah those are pretty high temps. I'd take out the heatsink and put it back, with a new layer of thermal paste of course.

dynoman said:
wow i was just doing some video rendering and i checked speedfan and both my cpu cores where running at 77C Is that normal for stock fans or might of installed it wrong or what can be some possible solutions? btw i have a core 2 duo e6600 2.4ghz no oc
I don't know that those temps are high for doing video rendering since that is extremely cpu intensive. What does it idle at? That will give us a better idea of wheither or not your temps are high.

Back
Top Bottom