Help! USB- computer doesn't work!

sanka

Daemon Poster
I was trying to install a fan controller. I plugged everything in an turned it on and I saw a tiny bit of smoke come from the controller, so I turned the comp off.
I unplugged the fan controller, and turned my comp back on. Boots, no screen, so I go to shake my mouse, and see that it isn't working. I tried a mouse that uses the green port and tried switching USB ports. What could have happened?
The computer seems to be working other than the monitor/mouse thing.

Update: I took my RAM sticks out and the continual obnoxious beeping occured. This is good news, I guess. I'm hoping its just a problem with my back panel or something. I reseated all the cables and nothing going :/

Try resetting the BIOS from the mobo jumper. Are ya getting any beeps at all?

How do I do that? And beeps, I get a post beep, but nothing after that.

Oh, and yes I tried 3 different mouses. Haven't tried another monitor but I'll do that now.

Ahhh thank you. The second monitor worked! Just gotta find whats wrong with the first one. The mouse is working now, too. Can anyone see to why the mouses work with this monitor and not the last one? It can't be PSU, I unplugged all my extra fans and cathodes. Thanks for the help.

AlexF1224 said:
Ahhh thank you. The second monitor worked! Just gotta find whats wrong with the first one. The mouse is working now, too. Can anyone see to why the mouses work with this monitor and not the last one? It can't be PSU, I unplugged all my extra fans and cathodes. Thanks for the help.
Yeah np man. Your first monitor might be shot. Thats weird how the mouse worked with the second moniter and not the first. I am clueless

Plugged the good monitor back in... and everything works.

I should invest in a religion.

Thanks again.

watever. i think maybe by luck the first monitor needed more nergy and the psu couldnt support the monitor and the laser light from the mouse. i dont kow

Back
Top Bottom