help with replacing netbook LCD

its snoodles

In Runtime
one of my friends broke his friends LCD screen on a dell inspiron mini 10.

i believe it has:
intel atom 1.6 GHz
1 GB of ddr2
not sure on the hard drive
10 inch screen

but im not so sure how to get the LCD out of the netbook since it does not lay down flat do i need to take the entire top off to get to the LCD and how exactly would i do that with a netbook?

any help is appreciated.

You remove the little rubber pads on the lid, and there might be some small round pieces of plastic as well. Under them will be some small screws, remove hem, then pry the lid open. It will most likely take some pressure, but do not be too forceful, it is not unlikely that you missed a screw. Once the lid is open, there will be two small metal strips, one on each side of the lcd. Each one has two screws that go into the side of the LCD. Once you remove them, it should come free.

This is how it worked when I took apart my Eee 900a. Most netbooks share a fairly similar design, so I imagine this is how the Dell would be laid out as well.

ok ill try that ill need a smaller screw driver than what i have because the screen doesnt lay all the way flat so it made it hard to get to the screw but yeah there are only 2 screws holding it on but yeah ill get a smaller screw driver and try it out

Back
Top Bottom