Help With My Hp Media Center 876

Wrongotti

Beta member
I am trying to use the inouts on my PC but cannot figure out where to locate the signal. I have contacted HP and they have not responed. I have a S-video in and composite in. I ma trying to hook up my DVD player or XBOX and neither will work. Please help.

Wrongotti said:
I am trying to use the inouts on my PC but cannot figure out where to locate the signal. I have contacted HP and they have not responed. I have a S-video in and composite in. I ma trying to hook up my DVD player or XBOX and neither will work. Please help.
What is HP ? Do you mean Hewlett Packard ?
They make printers and PC's.
And always remember,
What version of Windows do you have,is that so hard to understand ?
:confused:
p.s.Did you not get any instructions with these devices ?
How can you expect an answer with these details.
:confused:

As Bluto said, more info please!

What are you trying to do? Did these products not come with instructions?

Sorry about the lack of info guy's. I have a Hewlit Packard PC running windows XP media Edition. The instructions do not go into detail on how to do what I want. I did finally get the PC to recognize my signal.
What I am trying to do is to play my XBOX on my PC monitor without buying a VGA adapter. My video card is a Nvidia Geoforce 5200. There is also a tv video card. The problem now is that there is 2 second delay in the screen becasue of the programs buffering the video. HP support left me hanging on this one.
Another forum said to find a program that plays "direct feed video", not one that buffers for "Live TV".
I hope this is enough info. if not please let me know

Sheridan

Wrongotti said:
Sorry about the lack of info guy's. I have a Hewlit Packard PC running windows XP media Edition. The instructions do not go into detail on how to do what I want. I did finally get the PC to recognize my signal.
What I am trying to do is to play my XBOX on my PC monitor without buying a VGA adapter. My video card is a Nvidia Geoforce 5200. There is also a tv video card. The problem now is that there is 2 second delay in the screen becasue of the programs buffering the video. HP support left me hanging on this one.
Another forum said to find a program that plays "direct feed video", not one that buffers for "Live TV".
I hope this is enough info. if not please let me know

Sheridan
Buy a vga adaptor,let us know how it works.
But why not just use xbox to a Huge tv,my son does.
???
Quote:
find a program that plays "direct feed video reply !
========
You already have that with a tv video card only cable tv.
Not an XBox.
:rolleyes:
By the way this is not a HP problem,don't blame them.Their great.
:eek:

VGA monitors are soo much better for an xbox. Im afraid i can help with it though, but i know there are many VGA adapters for an xbox specific user and purdy cheap.

Oh i know it isn't an HP problem. I was just stating they took forever to get back to me. It took 4 e-mails and 2 phone calls. That pretty crapy custoemr support.
I am trying to save for a house right now so the wife daid no to the big tv.
I figured a vga adapter would be easiest but the PC says you can hook anythign to it an play through the PC. They don't mention the buffer and how it affects it. At my local Circuit Cityt hey hav a PS2 hooked to a sony PC so imight see what program they are using to play it.
I have heard the xbox looks great on a monniter and that is why i want to try it.
I will let you know when I figure it out.
Thanks for all the help.

Have you searched for such a device ? I'm sure any large pc supplier would have this if it exists.
As for myself i have a TVBox wich allows TV,vcr and dvd input.
With or without useing Windows.
You device is probably out there.
My cable serviceman did say that useing a PC Monitor is equal to HDTV.
But it's still small for a liveing room family.I'm single. :D

Back
Top Bottom