help on memory

wahowee

Baseband Member
guys i have 1G 533/DDR2 and a 2G 667/DDR2 stick.

which is better?

option (A)
have both stick plugged in which will result to total of 3GB memory, but of course i think it will follow the 533 speed, don't know if this is correct. and what mode is this?

or

option (B)
use the only the 2G 667/DDR2. which will obviously have 667 speed, but 2GB memory only. i guess this will be single mode.

guys i need some advice on this one because i have heard from some of my friends that you can't plug-in sticks like 533 and 667 at the same time. or if this is possible which one is better A or B?

guys i have 1G 533/DDR2 and a 2G 667/DDR2 stick.

which is better?

option (A)
have both stick plugged in which will result to total of 3GB memory, but of course i think it will follow the 533 speed, don't know if this is correct. and what mode is this?

or

option (B)
use the only the 2G 667/DDR2. which will obviously have 667 speed, but 2GB memory only. i guess this will be single mode.

guys i need some advice on this one because i have heard from some of my friends that you can't plug-in sticks like 533 and 667 at the same time. or if this is possible which one is better A or B?

your friend is full of it, you can have all 3GBs installed and the 667MHz memory will just clock down and run at 533MHz,which may not even make a difference performance wise depending on the rated FSB of your motherboard and processor if it's an Intel based system...

if it's an AMD based system it will make a difference though, if it were up to me I'd run all 3GBs if it's an Intel system and just the 2GBs of 667MHz if it's an AMD system, you'll get more detailed help if we can get your motherboard and cpu model numbers or your prebuilt system model number (Dell XXXX, ACER XXXX, etc.)...

nice. so which means option (A) is better than (B)?

and here's my specs.

board: MSI V-class intel 945GC ExpressChipset Based, 945GCM5 V2
processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2GHz

thanks alot

Back
Top Bottom