Geforce2...(crap) i know

50gb hard drive (will do for now)

asus motherboad

And i wanna upgrade to:

Intel Pentium4 3.0GHz

50gb hard drive

New Asus motherboard

Geforce X5200 graphics card

(this topic is not about your oppinion on the 2 specs its to answer another question)

Processors come with fans right..if i buy the 3.0GHz processor i just put it in motherboard and put fan on it. I will also get a new power supply with another integrated fan in it.

My question is about cooling!
If i get that graphics card and all the spec from above will i need extra fans??? or will the fan that comes with CPU and PSU be suffient??
will it overheat????
if so how many fans will i need??
wut stength fans will i need??
How do i install fans??

Thx and plz help
~Dan~

That set up won't overheat as long as you put the CPU Fan on properly and the PSU Fan works. Some Processors will come with a Fan, some won't. You'll have to check that with your supplier.

You install fans as it says on the case for the fan - or in the Motherboard Instruction Manual. You won't need more fans, but if you want them then basically you'll have to buy them seperate - of whatever speed you want and cut them into the side of your case. But you won't need then unless you plan on seriously overclocking.

could u explain to me the term Overclocking iv never heard that word b4....

If my processor doesnt come with a fan wut do i do??

Overclocking is where you change the timing on your processor, making it go faster than it should and was meant to go making it overheat because it wasn't built for it. People do it to make their PCs go faster without the proper equipment.

If it doesn't come with a Fan, you can either look for a nice box set with a Fan and thermal paste and the stuff you'll need so its easier, or you can buy a Fan - just look for Fans and buy one that it says with go with your processor. The model numbers are pretty easy - and generally a fan will work with a general bracket - like AMD Athlons, AMD 64s, Intel Pentium 4s... that sort of grouping.

Back
Top Bottom