HELP ME!! Cpu Woes

Acerfreak

BSOD
Hay to All I am A guy that knows nothing about hardware so plz help me out!!

When i Start Up my Pc (Running XP pro Sp3 On A Acer 7600g,7600d, 5600D, 3600G or A 3600D Motherboard Running A W6772TAE Ro1-R0 Motherboard)
I Get a Warning about my cpu "Warning! CPU Has Been Changed, plz re enter cpu settings in thcmossetup and rember to Save Before Quitting"

I Have not touched annything my pc restarted while running "Tribes Vengence" and it has been Comming up since

Whe i get into windows it works proply withot anny problems

Can soone help Me !!

~~Thenka Acerfreak

I dont know much about hardware either but if it was me(which im not saying do what I would do) I would go in the cmos and reset the setting to default. But I have also heard that might be a memory error and you can do a memtest to see. You can make a bootable CD with memtest for free and and run it for about an hour. Also I have seen someone fix the problem by updating the bios firmware. I would try a memtest before anything else. Like I said though, I dont know that much about hardware so take my opinion however you want it. I hope this helps :)

I would go in the cmos and reset the setting to default.
Clearing the cmos would be one way to do it, another would be to simply go into the bios and input the cpu settings or load the default settings, then save and exit.

simply go into the bios and input the cpu settings or load the default settings, then save and exit.
yeahthat.gif

In many instances, all it takes is just checking the settings in the BIOS, then saving and exiting to clear up that error.

Does the computer operate correctly otherwise?

Back
Top Bottom