HELP i need somebody

alright so i boot my comp up, and there is this windows explorer error message thing. so i hit ok. then explorer.exe terminates and like i go control alt delte make a new one, and well my computer is all slow. really slow. i try to open avant browser makes explorer.exe die again, and well what can i do? i am in safe mode now, doing a virus scan...

windows explorer has...i dont really know. something like if u have saved stuff up i am sorry...some crapload.

put your XP cd in the rom drive, cancel auto run, go to Start > Run > type in sfc /scannow hit enter, this is a system file checker that will check and replace corrupt windows system files.

EDIT: Note the space between sfc and the /, if typed incorrectly it will not run.

o i am in trouble. o no.

help.

so i tryed to reinstall windows on the part that wasnt working. and then it gets to a part called clbbcatq.dl_ cant find it on the windows disk, well it just cant, so i hit cancel, the next file it cant find, so it just continually cant find files, so i am in so much trouble.

i have another partition, i was trying to use acronis backup on that paration that one i am writing this from, to like make a backup of the working partition and then restore it onto the one that isnt working.

but that wont work, there is only one disk i can restore to, like the other partition isnt showing, oooooooooo i am in trouble, i am like crying i am so screwed please help.

Phone up Microsoft. They can probably give you a new install disk (providing your existing one is legit), or advise you on what else you can do.

i think i have tryed that before. i dont think they let me, they like charge me money to talk to them, i never did it.

alright that didnt work. i dont think microsoft is gonna give me another cd.

two things i could do.

download an illegal copy of windows and burn it to a cd, or, i could like i dont know, get the files off of the good working partition?

well, the downloading XP from the internet may be illegal, but how about this: make a list of every file that is 'missing'. Search them on Google, most of them should be available for download (even if it means making a few accounts with the sites), out them all in a folder and point the installer to that location. If that dosen't work out, someone is bound to have a 'used' XP disk on eBay.

oooh, yeah that could work. :D As long as the files are not corrupt in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom