HELP? How do I type but not look at the keybaord?

DreamVsPS2

Baseband Member
Im used to looking at the keyboard when I type. I type real fast too, and I even know where all the letters are on the keyboard.

i tried many typing programs but nothing could help me.

any suggestions?

Practice, just go type some random stuff in notepad without looking at all. If you can't remember where a letter is, look down for it, then type multiple words with that letter in it to learn.

you can also buy a typing tutor cd.. it would help... it includes a step-by-step procedure and exercises... =)

try not looking while you are chatting or posting on these forums, I dunno bout you, but I type faster when it's coming from my mind than when I'm reading it off a paper. thats how I tought myself how to type.

It's like the piano. I play it, and very well. I used to have to look at the keys every time. It was hard. I practiced... long hours. Then, after sometime, I began to see the results! I could practice the piano in the dark! I knew exactly where each key was. Same as the keyboard. Practice makes perfect. Just type. It'll come to you soon enough.

take a card board box.. Cut it down so it's a sheild over the keyboard but tall enough so your hands and type under it.

This is what we had to do in typing class in school

lastly.. Practice practice practice..

I never really practiced it. I always typed fast I just always looked. But when I got to high school and I needed to read the notes and type at the same time then I got better at it. The easiest thing I find is try to imagine a keyboard in your mind and look at that. Pretty soon it will become natural.

Mavis Beacon!!! I remember in grade we used to think that it was a spawn of satan.

Back
Top Bottom