HELP - Further Graphical Errors/Corruption

tomirlik

In Runtime
Recently, I posted this on these forums:
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=82820
Hello. I am need of some serious help with a frustrating problem.

Today, I've had to restart my computer manytimes because shortly after loading Windows (or even a few minutes later), the entire screen becomes graphically corrupted (lower resolution or blackness or completely random screen, etc). At that point, my computer locks up and I have to restart. I've nearly pulled my hair out now because even after restarting, the actual Windows loading screen is corrupted and than I cannot even see the desktop properly, so I am stuck. Now when writing this, I'm lucky to have booted it properly.

Yesterday, I did a system optimization using SpeedUpMy PC 2009, just to let you know.

What should I do about this? Install new video drivers perhaps? Any help is very welcome!

By the way, I've tried a system restore to earlier this week, but it said that it cannot be restored

So far, I've followed the advice of what people posted and done the following:

-Uninstalled, installed, and reinstalled the latest Nvidia driver and control panel

-Cleaned my card and entire tower of dust.

-Used a diagnostic to check RPMs and temperature (previously 60C, now gone down to about 45-55).

However, there is no improvement to my problem, which has actually worsened. Even outside of games, my screen is screwed up and often unreadable. Sometimes, my screen repeatidly flickers. This has continued tonight even after reboot (Windows XP loading screen shows signs of corruption as well), and I cannot use my computer at the moment because display is ineligible.

I don't know what to do anymore. Is it a virus, is my video card malfunctioned and dying?

It sounds like your video card is dying. The only thing left to do is contact EVGA about getting replacement under warranty.

It sounds like your video card is dying. The only thing left to do is contact EVGA about getting replacement under warranty.

Alright, the box says there is a certain "Lifetime Warranty" so I'll phone tomorrow. Thank you for the advice, Atomic Rooster.

Back
Top Bottom