Help with EPOX 9npa - ULTRA c1 memory error

Ar198

Beta member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPOX 9npa-ULTRA
3000+ AMD 64bit venice
1 gig of ddr400, two sticks 64x64 unbuffered
120 gig harddrive
6600 gigbyte pciE 16x grfx card

My Epox 9npa-Ultra has been a nightmare. I had a few little problems in the past with it, but nothing to major the ps\2 keyboard fails to activate sometimes, and it came to me warped.. I sent it off to the place that I bought it from but they sent it back saying it was ok

New problem, ram will not work in 128-bit duel channel mode, I use corsair unbuffered ram and it worked before I sent it off. But now that I got it back, if I place two ram sticks in the dimm configuration for duel channel no matter which one, dimm 1&2 or dimm 3&4 I get a c1 error, I've removed the battery and jumpers to clean the bios and restore it to factory, to see if it would work but no hope. My board does work if I place one stick in dimm 1 and one in dimm 3, but it only does 64-bit.

if I sticks my two old ram ddr266 in the dimm configuration 1&2, 3&4 it does the same c1 error it will not get past the post and no video will display.

Oddly enough if I use two ddr400 ram in dimm 1&2 and place a ddr266 in dimm 4 it will allow me to boot up with out any errors and allow me to get into the BIOS options but… Windows will not run and restarts and it is unbearably slow to reinstall it with the setup never getting finished.

Is there any way to get it to work? and would this definitely be a motherboard problem or could something else cause this like a bad processor?

Please help!

Back
Top Bottom