Help: dual screens on vista?

Crazn

Solid State Member
well i just got an new video card to put into my acer aspire m1640 to try to run dual monitors. well heres the problem i dont know wat im doing. i installed my card an every thing. i hooked up my monitors but it wont work. (the video card it came with is built into the mother board) can anyone here help me out?

edit : the video card i got is : 8400GS Super from nvidia

ummm how do i do that?

and the problem is, is that it wont use the monitor that is hooked up to the built in video card any more.

Have you got one monitor plugged into your built in graphics card and the other on your independent card?

ummm how do i do that?

and the problem is, is that it wont use the monitor that is hooked up to the built in video card any more.
The onboard is disabled by default when you install a video card, you need to connect your monitor to the card not the onboard, if your new video card does not have dual outputs then you wont be able to run dual monitors.

The 8400 does have dual outputs. So you will have to plug both your monitors into the one card. For this you will need an adapter for your monitor on white socket.

One of these, you should have had this included with the card. Once you have both monitors connected to card you will then be able to configure it for dual screen.

Plug.jpg

thanks for the help guys. but im just wondering wat the part is called when i go to the store to buy it. it didnt come with the video card

Back
Top Bottom