help: downloading with internet eplorer/firefox

sektorfox

Beta member
Hello, does anyone know how to download more than 2 things at the same time with internet eplorer? i have explorer 7.0 and when i'm downloading 2 programs at once it won't let me download a 3rd program or surf the net while those 2 are still downloading unless one of the two finishes. i also tried it with firefox and it's the same problem. any boxes i have to check/uncheck to be able to do this? I know internet speed isn't a problem. what could it be?

Sounds weird to me, maybe bandwidth problems in the network card?! Try a different card and see - thats all I can think of!

Could be bandwidth problems, yeah.

Mine allows 4 at once, if I'm downloading each from a different site, but don't get the problem even then of not being able to browse. Does it just become slow?

You could try getting a downloader program which will change the way IE and Firefox downloads, and may make it more efficent, but you have to be careful about these, as alot carry spyware.

Kage said:
Could be bandwidth problems, yeah.

Mine allows 4 at once, if I'm downloading each from a different site, but don't get the problem even then of not being able to browse. Does it just become slow?

You could try getting a downloader program which will change the way IE and Firefox downloads, and may make it more efficent, but you have to be careful about these, as alot carry spyware.

thanks guys, can you recomend a good download program that you know of?

Back
Top Bottom