imho.

my first thought. budget pc and then BAM 8gb memory
2nd shotty case and psu combo
3rd get a ps3 and call it a day

imho.

my first thought. budget pc and then BAM 8gb memory
2nd shotty case and psu combo
3rd get a ps3 and call it a day

Really? This is a PC forum. If everyone went around discussing that it would be wiser to get a PS3 or XBox vs a PC, there'd be some annoyed people and unresolved issues. Not at all what we're all here for. Why did you post if you weren't going to help the OP with his issue?

As for the PC build itself, the case is a little ho-hum and I agree about the included power supply, but if you're not loading the system up with any other items that draw a lot of power such as a graphics card, it'll feed that Athlon II without any issues.

Really? This is a PC forum. If everyone went around discussing that it would be wiser to get a PS3 or XBox vs a PC, there'd be some annoyed people and unresolved issues. Not at all what we're all here for. Why did you post if you weren't going to help the OP with his issue?

As for the PC build itself, the case is a little ho-hum and I agree about the included power supply, but if you're not loading the system up with any other items that draw a lot of power such as a graphics card, it'll feed that Athlon II without any issues.

hey thanks
if i decide to get a graphics card in the near future what type should i get
that is in the $100 mark....
and what psu

Nice starter rig although I'm not crazy about the case and power supply. A good power supply can make or break a rig. For the interim though, you shouldn't have problems, but would be high on my upgrade list. You can't go wring with anything from Antec, Corsair, Rosewill, OCZ, or Cooler Master. Read the reviews on Newegg, they're very helpful.

Biostar makes a nice board and I've always had some good experiences with them. That board is a little no frills and if you want to do some upgrading, I would get something that has more features. If you want more than 8GB of RAM, you will need to change out the board. You could spend a couple of extra bucks and get an AM3+ board.

Something like this:

Newegg.com - ASUS M5A88-M AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Or if you don't want the onboard video you can go with:

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

This is the board I'm currently using by the way.

This will save you upgrade expense in the future.

Other than that, everything is pretty solid. I've always liked G.Skill memory. I have the Ripjaws series in my machine. I think this rig will make you pretty happy.

Back
Top Bottom