Help: DDR2 800 running at 753 mhz

OtakuBakaA

In Runtime
I have a 2 x1 Gb Patriot Extreme DDr2 800 Memory kit. Its running at dual channel except it runs at 753 mhz, i have upgraded the bios to the latest one, anyone can help me with this, much appreciated. Thanks

Check in the bios for memory settings and to see what the fsb is running at, the fsb and memory clock are often directly linked speed wise, so if the FSB is running lower than it should be (that also means slower cpu than what it should) the ram will only be at say 753 like u have now.

I did that just now, and if i lowered the cpu multipliyer and fsb then the ram shows up to be DDR2 800, but then my cpu runs at 2.8 ghz when its suppose to run at 3.0 (AMD 64 x2 6000+). Im not so sure if thats the right way to do it

if you have a AMD CPU than you cant do anything about it because your CPU speed is what determines your ram speed in that case, unless you OC your CPU of course, but thats all you can do.

Argh right that will be the onboard memory controller and half multipliers of the AMD Dual core cpu's , i have a athlon X2 4000+ and my ddr2 800 only runs at 700mhz the only way i have seen to get it back up is overclock the processor

i douvt it causes that much of a performance issue , you may be able to tighten the timings on the ram to make it run slightly faster anyway but someone else will have to help with that

memssqf2.jpg

I have DDR2 800. Why is it at that speed?!?!?!?!?

Do u have an AMD too? ill admit ive never heard about the amd memory controller issue before, learn something new everyday, surely there must be a fix! sucks if not.

Back
Top Bottom