HELP! Cpu usage problem

xTc

Baseband Member
Hi, i have a real problem with my cpu usage. When i turn on my computer, it works normally, but for some reason after around 10 - 15minutes, the cpu usage just peaks at 100%, lagging the whole computer. I look at the processes, and it shows that explorer.exe is casuing the problem as the mem usage starts to rise and cpu is like 99. What can do about this? Someone please help!

open up a virus scanner, close explorer, and work with only that virus scanner see if anythings the problem (explorer is only the environment, like the start bar or something) so closing it wont kill your computer

Boot into Safe Mode and do a thorough scan with an up-to-date virus scanner. Then go a few spyware scans with programs like Ad-Aware, Spybot, SpySweeper, CounterSpy etc.

hmmmmmmm, i went into safe mode, and did a adware scan and virus scan. Found a lil few adwares but didn't find ne viruses. any other suggestions on what i should do?

Well sometimes, it's spyware or adware that's slowing your PC down, so see if the problem's fixed. If not...then i dunno what to do. :D

woudl reinstalling windows help? not formatting but just reinstalling, with new files..???

Yeah, it'd probably be good to do that in Safe Mode with Networking though, just in case it can't run well in Normal Mode.

Back
Top Bottom