Help! Computer isn't recognizing anything.

BGates14

In Runtime
I just rebooted my computer this morning to freshly install XP because I've been having a lot of problems and I get to a point where it says: Windows XP will now adjust your resolution click OK, my mouse and keyboard isn't working at this point and nothing happens, so the only thing I cando is reset which I do and the same thing happens on the log in screen, I cannot use my keyboard or mouse. I have a Razer keyboard and a Fatal1ty mouse, so I figure well I guess I'll try a different one, nope, even a generic white 5$ keyboard doesn't regester. Anyone have anything I can do? Should I just try and reinstall again? The keyboards and mice work and regester until it gets to the Windows XP Loading bar and then they shut off. Thanks for any help.

Go in the bios and make the optical device the first on the boot list. Put the cd in the drive and let it boot up.
Remember to smash the old partition and do a long format.

If i remember correctly, your original mouse and keyboard are usb, but just incase, are they pluged into the correct ps/2 ports?

if they are, try just re-doing the install again. the full, long format isn't quite nessisary. i find that the quick does just as good of a job.

I ended up turning off and on my computer one more time and it ended up working without reinstalling, thanks for the help.

Did your mouse and keyboard come with a instalation disc if so you might need to install the drivers

Back
Top Bottom