Help on choosing mobo and video card

w0lv3r1ne

Solid State Member
Im building a pc, im planning on using an Athlon 64 3000+ with 2000mhz of bus, at the moment i will be usuing 512 DDR3200 ram but plan on upgrading to 1Gb later. I will be using a 160GB ATA100 Seagate HD and plan on also getting a SATA drive later. I would also like a pci-e graphics card. I will do some gaming and video editing when i get more ram, but i dont mind the graphics not being that good.

Im on a tight budget and need a fairly cheap mobo. I was looking at the BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M9 Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard.

Code:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138269

Does this appear to be a good mobo? It has everything i need as i wont be using gigabit lan for awhile. This mobo has onboard video but i would also like a good graphics card...is there anything i need to know about having on board video AND a graphics card?

-----------------------------

Secondly, i need a good graphics card. I need something under $60 and pci express. I would rather have a higher end 128mb than a lower end 256mb. Any recommendations?

any help is appreciated

I originally planned on that mobo, except it only has 800mhz of bus instead of a 1000. Does mobo bus speed matter that much?

Back
Top Bottom