Help With Buying a Computer

FluffyDestroyer96

Beta member
Well, I've been looking around for quite some time for a solid gaming computer. I understand computers better then I'd say most people, but I'm not really tech savvy. I found 2 computers that have different prices but seem to be generally the same thing. I can spot a few minor differences between them but nothing that would really make the prices so different.
I was hoping that someone that understood computers better then me could take a look at the spec's of the computers and tell me what makes the prices so different or is one just cheaper then the other. Thanks! :D

Links:
SYX SG-125 Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz, Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64 Bit, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, 8GB DDR3, 1TB 7200rpm HDD, Blu-Ray, USB 3.0 at TigerDirect.com

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer EXTREME 569D3 Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-6100(3.3GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Off the back I noticed ones an Intel build and the other is AMD. Especially with it being an i7 that greatly increases the price of that computer. The motherboards are also significantly different with the more expensive one running a p67 were as the other has no notorious model number. I personally would go with the Intel build for it provides everything needed for gaming computer with great quality and perofmrnace

Off the back I noticed ones an Intel build and the other is AMD. Especially with it being an i7 that greatly increases the price of that computer. The motherboards are also significantly different with the more expensive one running a p67 were as the other has no notorious model number. I personally would go with the Intel build for it provides everything needed for gaming computer with great quality and perofmrnace

I actually found these 2 that seem to be improvements, and they are generally very similar but the cheaper one seems to actually be slightly better. I'd really like to hear your input.

Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2100 Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-8150(3.6GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1319 Desktop PC Intel Core i7 2600K(3.40GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

It's not a bad card - but the HD6850 is a series-old card now.

Out of the two i'd go for the latteer (i7) - Then again I think you'd be better off looking for something with an i5 in it, since the i7 is overkill for 99% of people.

Back
Top Bottom