Help with boot cd

halfg33k

Beta member
I custom built a computer about a year ago. Recently I decided to start programming apps for the App Store. Since I don't want to spend the money on a mac that I'd only use for writing apps, I decided to make a hackintosh. I'm trying to dual boot w/ win 7. I've already got the partitions set up and I have an intel processor, so I should be good.

The only problem is the way my computer handles boot cds. It doesn't say: "Press any key to boot from cd..." and then wait for you to press any key. It says "Boot from cd" and then automatically boots from the cd. The software I'm using to install OSX restarts the computer after you get it going. So instead of continuing the installation process when it cuts back on, it goes to the beginning because it boots directly to the beginning of the cd.

The most frustrating part is trying to google it and just getting a million sites telling me how to set up my BIOS. Sorry Internet, but I already tried that.

PS. I got around this once before when I installed Win 7, I just don't remember what I did.

take the disk out before it says.. booting from disk... then put it in after that part, it won't say boot from disk because theirs none but you get my drift right?

And this problem sounds like the disk itself not your bios.. I think sometimes some disks are made different from others.. I've downloaded a few where it automatically boots without me pressing a key

Thanks IAntDemo, but it didn't work. It just went straight to windows. I'm in the process of getting different versions. If you have any more suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Back
Top Bottom