HELP! AVG in error since Zone Alarm d/l

lottietotty

Beta member
Sorry I've just realised I may have not put all the right info in the right place but I hope this is sufficient for what you may need to know in order to help me with my problem as it is more a software problem than a hardware one.

I was running AVG free with no problems but needed a firewall so I d/l zone alarm. Both the programs are free versions.

Now my AVG is in a constant error state and not recognised as being updated even when it has been updated.

Zone Alarm is not recognising that I am running any anti virus software.

I also have the free ad-aware and spybot search and destroy progs. Also spyblaster.

How can I rectify the problem to fully protect my PC.

Any advice greatly received, many thanks for taking the time to read this message.

Lottie

Operating system and version Microsoft Windows XP Home edition (doesn't specify what version)
Motherboard make and model. Quanta ED2 Mobile Intel Pentium M740J, 1733MHz (13x133)
CPU chip Intel-Alviso-G i915GM
Memory type and how much. Single channel or dual. 502MB (PC 2700 DDR SDRAM)
Video card make and model, and whether it's an AGP, PCI, or onboard video chips. Mobile intel R915GM/GM5,910GML (Express Chipset Family) (128MB)
Sound card make and model, and whether it's a soundcard or AC97 onboard sound. Intel 82801 FBM ICH6-M AC'97 Audio Controller [B-2]
Any other pci cards make and model.
Hard drives make and model.
Optical drives make and model
Power supply make and model.

Hi all - I really can't work out how to unblock Zone alarm interfering with AVG running smoothly. I have also d/l the same 2 progs on my PC (previously only had them on laptop) and the same thing is happening so it's definitely a conflict of s/w

I have checked through the help file and I know to alow all access to AVG through zone alarm, everything is ticked and green but the virus s/w is still in error state.

It has been suggested to me by someoen to use Kerio instead of ZoneAlarm; or even Avast instead of AVG. But I am still baffled as to why I cannot use them both together as several other forums have done so and report no difficulty.

No one has answered my post as yet so I would really appreciate some pointers on how to combine the workings of the two progs successfuly, or if not your views on Kerio or Avast for safety and reliability.

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom