Help on Autocad 3D & gaming build PC under budget of 750!

akkad1

Beta member
Hi all! I posted on several forums but not much help, hopefully you guys can provide support
Some information: I live in CA, USA and I need either or both of SLi and Crossfirex (although I only need ONE Graphics card now)
I need a PC that can seemlessly work Autocad 3D (priority 1) and do some hardcore gaming (like med-high settings for BF3, max out all other games under that, probably Skyrim too )
I checked out all the other builds but they aren't 100% compatible with my needs, so that's why I want to post this Remember please that Autocad is the reason why I'm getting a new PC, so it has to max out on that in the least.
I posted on two previous forums but they weren't of much help, but I did manage to get my self a build. I'm going to leave off the monitor, keyboard and mouse for another time, because I know the monitor will take some time on its own haha.
My biggest issue is the 600-800 MAX budget, looking for something around 700 even though thats too much, but no point of buying a PC that will last me only a year right? In the end it would be more expensive to get the 600 over the 700. Also, i prefer pouring as much money as needed into the motherboard at expense of the other parts because it would be nice JUST to upgrade the PC after a couple of years instead of buying a WHOLE new one, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Thanks alot!

This is what i have so far, remove, change, add whatever is needed. The first and second aren't as important, I haven't experimented much on them yet, the third took like 4 hours though....

1 Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

2 GIGABYTE P67A-D3-B3 DiabloTek Barebones Kit GIGABYTE P67A-D3-B3 DiabloTek Barebones Kit - GIGABYTE P67A-D3-B3 Mobo, Intel Core i5-2500K CPU, Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM, Seagate 1.5TB HDD, LG 24x DVDRW, Thermaltake V3 BE Tower, Diablotek 600-Watt PSU at TigerDirect.com

I also have my own:

CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX
MOBO : GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=52 [...] ost2301386

DVD : Asus DVD burner $20 http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo.../go.redirectingat.com/?id=52 [...] ost2301386

GPU : Sapphire 6870 $175 *
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE FleX 100314FLEX Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

PSU : XFX Core Edition PRO650W Newegg.com - XFX Core Edition PRO650W (P1-650S-NLB9) 650W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

CASE : Xigmatek Asgard $30
Newegg.com - Xigmatek ASGARD II B/B CPC-T45UC-U01 Black / Black 0.8 mm SECC / Aluminum and Aluminum Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

A total of 679 without shippin, windows, HDD, keyboard.(only need the shipping and keyboard) What do you think i also still have rebates. by the way, for newegg can I get ALL the rebates or just one?

I think it all really depends on whether or not its better to get the i5 vs the AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz. If you read the old post you will see that they managed to convince me with the Intel even if i pay more, but bulldozer changes everything or not?

BTW, I was told not to go with an ATI because they are good for gaming but are horrible for autocad?

<3

ATI is by far my favorite. It'll handle auto-cad just fine. You can always get a 2nd card later. Here's a good one below for $140. So your custom build will be fine (assuming they are all compatible, I just glanced over it). As for playing "skyrim" on max settings for under $750... not gonna happen. I highly-highly doubt that.

Newegg.com - MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Thanks for the reply

Oh, Skyrim is the whole point haha, well, do you think I could medium it? Also, is the card u linked better than the sapphire?

Back
Top Bottom