Help - activation problems!!!

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I had vista ultimate on my pc, i went wrong as alwayws, do i decided 2 go back 2 xp and xp won't activate. What can i do? Phone MS?

Yup. call the 800 number provided when you select activate by phone. It's not too bad. It should only take about 5 or 6 minutes to complete.

If you upgraded over XP with Vista you lost your XP key. Read the terms you give up the rights to your previous key when you do a Vista upgrade. Thats why you want to do a clean install.

yep, that is true, before you do anything, you must read terms and conditions...

Actually, the key on the bottom of the laptop should work if you havent used it yet...

If you upgraded over XP with Vista you lost your XP key. Read the terms you give up the rights to your previous key when you do a Vista upgrade. Thats why you want to do a clean install.

Their's ways to do a Vista downgrade, downgrade Vista to XP.

just call them up, and the india guy on the otherline will ask you something like "how many computers have you installed this copy of XP on" just tell them you had to reformat because you had a virus or something, they could care less if you get away with it.

My PC wasn't upgraded I installed Vista as a clean install straight after I built it. Anyway I realised the reason why it isn't working is because it was an OEM key so I have just reinstalled vista, I just hope I don't get anymore problems. Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom