help

mlgntlg

Solid State Member
Here's the thing I reinstalled windows xp few months back and had some problems with the drivers installing but the image looked good, last night I thought maybe I should try reinstalling xp so I grabbed a copy off am operating system reinstallation cd. When it installed the image was fuzzy. Now that I am looking at it more closely some parts of imaging are fuzzy and some are clear. For example the items in the top of this page adress bar and up, the buttons on this page and the part I am typing is clear, but everything else is fuzzy (it looks like a lot of dots rather then one color).

Does this make sense?

matt

could this be because I installed xp off of a operation system cd for a different computer and would I possible just reverse the install form last night to get it the way it was?

Try to get your video card drivers installed. Could you supply us with your system specs so that we could guide you to the driver installation site.

If image is fuzzy, its more likely to be a driver issue. Based on your post, you have not installed any drivers atleast for the video card, so give us your computer specifications and we'll try to provide you with the correct drivers.

And no, you cannot rollback to your previous windows if you had formatted your harddrive, assuming you did when you ran the xp installation. And secondly, it doesn't matter what cd you used to install the OS, that would have no effect on your clarity of your screen. Hope this answers some of your questions.

Is there a way I can open the computer and find the video card to be able to find the right driver to download. I have already downloaded all the drivers that is for this computer from gateway but non of them seem to work?

Possibly someone upgraded it with another video card that isn't from gateway, because I am not the orgianal owner?

are there any programs online that you would recommend that can scan the computer and install drivers for free?

Back
Top Bottom