hello

INxFAMOUSxJW

Baseband Member
hey im new here and i plan on buying this new imac 24in 2.66ghz & 640gb hd w/ 4gb memory with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics. well this be enough to play a couple of games and every day use? I'll be spending around $1,700. oh and well i need to buy me a wireless card cause i have wireless internet here... i plan on playing games like COD4 and some RPG.. any suggestions would be nice thxs..

about the games... most games arent compatible with an Mac OS, so unless you install Windows onto it, you can only play Mac compatible games, which the variety is really small compared to Windows PC games.
That Mac cant run games on good settings, mainly because of the graphics. I would assume its integrated, so you would need to get an better graphics card. Without one, you will have to run games on low settings and resolution to get good FPS. Is that 2.66Ghz an Quad Core? or an Dual?
For $1,700, you can get an really good computer, especially if you build one yourself. You can max out most games with that amount, and will be a very good multitasking machine on every day use.

alright so no to that mac.. so it would be a good idea to get a dell.. This any better?

intel core 2.66ghz , 6gb memory w/ 750gb hd at 7500rpm,ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB, with a 24in screen which is around $1600..

What about alienware computer are they compatible with most games?

Dell is usually overpriced.
Have you consider building a computer of your own? There are some people on this forum that has a business where they build the computer for you for pretty cheap. Like InsaniTech for example.

That one is pretty good. It can run a lot of games on max settings. But its not worth it for that price if you can build one yourself.

dell's are overpriced, but if you're not gonna build yourself, this is a pretty decent system for about the same price you were gonna pay, but the monitor is not included...

Dell XPS 730x

hey im new here and i plan on buying this new imac 24in 2.66ghz & 640gb hd w/ 4gb memory with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics. well this be enough to play a couple of games and every day use? I'll be spending around $1,700. oh and well i need to buy me a wireless card cause i have wireless internet here... i plan on playing games like COD4 and some RPG.. any suggestions would be nice thxs..
You gonna get flamed

alright so no to that mac.. so it would be a good idea to get a dell.. This any better?

intel core 2.66ghz , 6gb memory w/ 750gb hd at 7500rpm,ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB, with a 24in screen which is around $1600..

What about alienware computer are they compatible with most games?

$1600 and thats the specs you get? thats just. sad.

$1600+me+newegg= omfg priceless xD

Macs don't qualify as a computer, in my book...they qualify as damn expensive paperweights with a built-in monitor.

If you can build one yourself, you are much better off. I hate Dells, so I won't even continue on that subject...stupid overpriced pieces of you-know-what. I've had so many problems with them, I have to find my happy place while even thinking of them. I was so pissed off at Dell when I recently did my P4 used system build, that I shaved all the Dell emblems off of the case I reused with a Dremel. THAT is how much I hate them.

my dell e510 im saving for july 4th so i can put a few m280's in the case and watch the f*cker blow

i dont even want to create a build for $1600 because ill probably c*m in my shorts, with all the cool shit xD :D

Back
Top Bottom