Heeelllpppp!!!!

50mobber

In Runtime
Ok this is my first build. I have no idea how to install the operating system. What are the steps i need to take in order to install it. This is my build

mobo: ASUS P5E Deluxe

Video: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870

Cpu: Q9450

Ram: G.SKILL 4GB

HD: 2x western digital 160 gb (Running RAID)

HD: 2x western digital 500gb (running Raid)

window vista home premium 64 bit:

K so pop the CD in then reboot (but first make sure CD is first on the boot menu in BIOS) and then just press a button when it prompts you to. And then follow the install instructions

You might not have to go into the BIOS to select to boot from the CD drive.

Press the F8 key after you restart your rig then select the CD drive you want to boot from, the one with the OS CD in, and away you go.

ok i did that. everything load up. I put in the product key. then it asks me what drive do i want it installed to and the it says Unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria. and it wont let me install.

Your running RAID arrays so you will have to press F6 during the OS install to install the RAID drivers.

You have to do this to install an OS on a RAID array.

To install Vista insert the CD into the drive and re-boot.

Press F8 during the POST checks and select the CD drive that has your Vista CD in. Vista will start to load.

Now this is where it might differ from XP Pro. Soon after Vista loads you should have the option to install RAID drivers. Look for this option and press the relevant function key. In XP it's F6. I'm not sure what it is in Vista.

Again, this is where Vista might differ.

With XP Pro you have to load the drivers onto floppy disk prior to installing the OS. And when you press the F6 key to install the RAID drivers you'd pop the floppy disk in and load the RAID drivers. Then it would carry on loading the OS from the CD and install to the RAID array you select.

The difference is Vista might allow you to load the drivers directly of the CD. Which is even better. The RAID drivers usually came with the motherboard CD.

it didnt work. it doesnt give me an option to install in RAID. it says it Computer hardware may not support booting disk. Ensure taht the disk controller is enable in BIOS. Where is that at?

Check out page 4-25 in the motherboard manual.

Make sure you have J-Micron Controller enabled. I think this is the chip that controls the SATA/IDE drives.
It's in the advanced tab in the BIOS menu.

Check out page 5-36 as well. It'll give you some info on the RAID array.

Also i'm assuming that you have set up a RAID 0 & RAID 1 array and that you want to install the OS on the RAID 0 array?

Back
Top Bottom